Wednesday, November 30, 2011





 
We have a pet butterfly in the house!! The peacock kind. And my, is it beautiful! It goes by the name Gene-
Pat. I know, it's somewhat unfortunate as a name, but since we don't know whether it's a he or a she, then...
Gene-Pat it is.

We first noticed the pretty intruder sometime around end September, just hanging out with us (ha, literally). Then it disappeared. Only to reappear about two months later. To be honest, I really don't think our flat is the best hibernation space, but it does not want to fly out through open windows, so I assume it must like living with us. I've been feeding it and, ahem, yes, I also talk to Gene. Hopefully it will make it through the winter.

By the way, Gene is very shy about eating -- doesn't like to be watched and turns its back to you.
Oh yes, an absolutely fabulous and adorable creature!


No comments: